You’re looking for an excuse not to blog. Everyone is telling you that you need a blog but you just really don’t want to… And you’re an adult so you don’t have to do anything that you don’t want to do.
But deep down you know that you should be blogging… so you make excuses.
So what the Internet has revolutionized the way small business communicates with their customers. You have an excuse… Actually you now have 33 excuses why you don’t blog about your business.
- The Internet is for people that don’t want to work hard
- You’re not funny
- You have no idea how to tell a story
- You don’t have the time to post consistently
- You have to run every post by a compliance officer (allegedly)
- You don’t have patience
- You don’t have a huge marketing budget
- You have no idea what the difference is between an adverb and a pro-noun
- You think your business is boring
- Everyone thinks your business is boring
- You live in a small town
- Most of your customers still don’t have an email, let alone use the Internet
- You think the Internet is a fad just like cell phones
- Your customers like to do business face-to-face
- No one buys your product online
- You’re not “tech” savvy
- You’ve never tapped into you’re inner awesome before
- You have no idea where to get blog topics from
- You don’t have the money for a website
- Most blogs fail after just one month
- All the good web addresses in your industry are taken
- There are already too many blogs in your industry
- You tried Twitter but no followed you
- You get easily overwhelmed
- The thought of doing video terrifies you
- You consider yourself to be “Old-School”
- You failed high school English class
- You have dial-up Internet
- You think blogging is a waste of time
- Your golf buddy told you blogging is for kids
- You only like to perform “Revenue Generating” activities
- You think SEO is the monogram on your attorney’s dress shirt
- You’re currently asking yourself “What the hell is a blog?”
Now… I hope I haven’t give you a false sense of acceptance. Because not one of the excuses listed above are valid. No one likes excuses… Rule #2.
I Don’t Care about Excuses…
“Excuses? I don’t need no stinkin’ excuses!”
You don’t care that it’s going to take time and effort and frustration and creativity?
You don’t care that people are going to judge you based on what you write and how you write it whether you’re a trained writer or not?
You don’t care there is a reasonable chance that blogging won’t make you a millionaire?
GOOD FOR YOU!
I’m proud of you… You’ve taken the first step to being a kick-ass content creating, reader subscribing, subscriber converting small business Internet marketer.
Now take the following four actions to put yourself on the path to a successful blog:
- Download my free ebook on business blogging success
- Read this article by Ana Hoffman on Creating a Popular Blog
- Read this article on SEOMoz on Tactics to Increase Blog Traffic
- Connect with me on Google+
I am Ryan Hanley